Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Good News

So I went to the Dr. on Monday.  I was feeling kind of down because I received my wedding pics from the photographer and as I was going through them all I could think was "Why did I go strapless....Why did I wear that dress.....I should have gone to the gym more....."  So I was prepared for the worst at my appt.  This was my third time so it is starting to feel routine.  Doc came in and we were taking a look and what do you know.....the follicle is bigger....significantly.  She seemed uber surprised.  Said it grew from 9mm to 15mm!!!!  I didn't know what that meant but she was excited.  She said "You may actually ovulate on your own this month."  Music to my ears.  She recommended some quality time with the husband the next few days.  Done and Done.


I have been working on my diet this past week and a half.  It is interesting how focused I have been.  I of course have wanted ice cream and queso and pasta but I am shocked at how disciplined I have been.  I certainly couldn't do this for the wedding.  I think when she said I was on the fast track to Diabetes simply b/c of PCOS that really seemed to strike a nerve.  I plan on living a full and long life with my amazing husband and 2...or 3...gorgeous children.  Diabetes is definitely not in my plans and if I can easily prevent it by changing my eating habits well....  I have told people that I am not trying to diet to lose weight.  I am trying to be healthy and make this a permanent lifestyle change.  Making better choices...  The beautiful thing is if I want to splurge I can as long as I don't justify those cookies on a daily basis. 


So here's to healthy living and beautiful babies......

No comments:

Post a Comment