Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Little Blueberry

So.....

I took a test on day 14, like the Dr. told me, and sure enough...we are pregnant.  I can't believe it worked the first time around.  My husband, of course, is standing a little taller.  So you know that first response commercial where the lady says your body knows your pregnant before you do.... I couldn't agree more.  If I wasn't pregnant I probably would have lost 20 lbs b/c nothing sounds good right now.  My husband asked what I wanted for dinner last night and I said cereal.  Nothing ever sounds good.  I definitely am not having any cravings.  So I am 7 weeks and due on March 17, 2012....St. Patrick's Day.  That will be one lucky kid.  We went to the Dr. last week and had an ultrasound.  I didn't think I would get teary...until I saw the heartbeat.  I can't believe it has a heartbeat. 

There is a lot to think about.  I am trying to make sure I am not just avoiding the bad foods but eating the good foods.  Which is hard when I don't want to eat at all.  I start back at school in a week.  The good thing is I will only have 3 weeks left of my first trimester so once things start rolling is hopefully when I will actually be able to start enjoying this pregnancy. 

We have decided we are not going to find out the sex...which makes things very hard for a planner like me, but...that will probably be a good thing.  Boy or girl we just want a happy healthy baby.

I joined The Bump which has a weekly tracker.  The little guy is the size of a blueberry right now. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! I have two girls and they are the reason to live for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! So glad you are making it a surprise party, too. Its the best surprise present you will ever receive!!!

    I'm very happy for you both. I can't wait to meet the little berry! :)

    ReplyDelete